Saturday, June 10, 2017

Sherborn to Norfolk - June 7, 2017

RIDE REPORTS

Wednesday 7 June 2017, Sherborn to Norfolk
Ride Leader:  Alan Cantor
35 miles  - 10:00 am start from Steve the Bike Guy Velo Studio, Sherborn, MA

Riders (9):  Alan, Bruce Gelin, Butch Pemstein, Don Buchholtz  Herb Kavet, Julia Zhogina, Peggy Gelin, Selig Saltzman, and Veronica Vedensky.

Nine of us met up outside Steve the Bike Guy Velo Studio as the last of the threatening clouds passed overhead.  We set off for a lovely ride through the southern suburbs.  The roads were in great shape and there were very few cars.  One of the cars chose to right-hook the leader and I took a bit of a detour to educate the driver.  Given my pace compared to the group, nobody noticed my absence. That pace found me with an empty ‘quiver’ on many turns so I had to wait for the arrows to show up - no problem as I chose to ride at my pace and wait.

We rode with the Wednesday Wheelers spirit - using human arrows and welcoming all riders at all riding paces.  We may have stretched out at times, but we all had a great ride.

There were, gratefully, no mechanical issues.  The leader made one miscue on the directions which is pretty much his average when leading!   :)   Thanks to all the very willing arrows, as well as to Butch for ably sweeping us in and taking care of all.

Report by Alan Cantor.

No comments:

Post a Comment