Monday, December 31, 2018

Too Cool for School - December 26, 2018

RIDE REPORT

Wednesday, 26 December 2018, Too Cool for School

Riders (8):  Jack, Butch Pemstein, Clyde Kessel, David Fay, Gerry Sheetoo, Hugh Folsom, Ray Komow, and Selig Saltzman.

The day started out cold, in the teens, and I had my usual worries -  "Do I have enough layers?  Will I freeze to death?" - as I rode to the start.  But by the time I arrived, I had warmed up enough to dispel fears of hypothermia.

I was surprised to see Hugh Folsom whom I used to ride with on NEBC Saturday rides, many years ago.

Butch once again volunteered to sweep, but with such a small group we mostly stayed together.  Ray was the only arrow early in the ride (and he did a fine job), but we stayed together after that.

Traffic was light, given the holiday.  Indoor plumbing was in short supply, since most of our usual haunts are closed for the winter, so our rest stops were mostly al fresco.  As promised, we traversed four School Streets, though one was actually a School Way.

Ken's Deli had been suggested for the lunch stop - not sure if anyone went there.

Report by Jack Donohue.

At the start before Clyde arrived

Rest stop with Clyde

No comments:

Post a Comment